IN THE NEWS:
Please give thanks to the 2016 Boot & Bottle officers and new trustees!
President – Rich Butcher
Vice President – Terry Franks
Treasurer – Michaele Dimock
Secretary – Cindy Coe
Ada Inbody’s term has expired and Andy McKnight will fill that position for the 3-year term.
Terry Frank’s remaining two terms will be completed by Brad McKnight as Terry moves into the Vice President position.
Arena and Grounds:
You will soon see shredded rubber delivered to the clubhouse arena… thanks to Andy McKnight
- When completed, the arena footing will be 2”-3” thick along the circumference with 1/3 rubber and 2/3 sand. It will feel firm yet have an elastic quality to it. The center of the arena will be 4”-6” thick with ½ rubber , ½ sand.
- This footing has been selected for the Wyoming climate and conditions, and can hold up to multiple uses.
- Preparation for the footing involved:
- pushing away the existing sand
- leveling the base so it drains properly
- removing the unusable dirt
- spreading out the existing sand and adding more
- The footing is currently fine for riding, but once work begins to add in the rubber, the arena will be closed until finished.
- Big Horn Redi-Mix did an excellent job of reducing the cost of the sand work by charging only $2808.00 out of the $5000.00 budget amount.
- The missing posts can now be re-installed, since future equipment can enter through the gates.
- After much discussion, it was agreed that the Board’s decision to double the club’s membership dues was done in error. Rich Butcher read Article II, Section 2 from the By-Laws which states, “Membership dues will be determined and approved at the annual meeting by a vote of two-thirds of members present.”
- A motion to increase the annual family dues from $60.00 to $100.00 and individual dues from $30.00 to $50.00 was made by Terry Franks, seconded by Marilee Sorensen, and approved by attending members
After-Business Meeting Discussion:
As the new President, Rich Butcher described his ideas for 2016:
- Business meetings involving all B&B members will be held quarterly (instead of monthly) at the clubhouse. “In-between meetings’ will be focused on fun events, guest speakers, etc.
- The Board will meet monthly
- The pasture can be rented out. Rich will contact Mary McKinney at Park County Weed & Pest about the current 5-year plan for revitalizing the field.
- Upcoming activities might include a Dutch Oven Cook-Off
- Social media will share positive information only, without allowing for comments
- There will be improved membership communication, ensuring those members without email are notified by mail.
Thank You, Andy for your hard work as the 2015 President!